This article reviews the University Scholarships available to qualified applicants.
University Scholarships – Overview
University scholarships are one of the most misunderstood and most underrepresented scholarships available to students. Most applicants don’t even know that some of these scholarships exist until they have applied, been accepted into the higher education program, and then promptly awarded a scholarship. However, university scholarship opportunities can provide applicants with so much more. Many competitive university scholarships open the door to higher education and cover the costs of large portions of these programs.
University Scholarships – Opportunities and General Criteria
Scholarships are awards that are granted based on some of the following areas:
- Need base
- Personal achievements
- Career intentions
- Merit based
- Specific talents
In order to be considered for these scholarships applicants must complete the strict requirements that accompany any scholarship opportunity. In most cases, the requirements dictate that applicants maintain outstanding academic performance or that they participate in teaching assistant opportunities.
Requirements for Successful Scholarship Award
- Applicants should be able to conduct themselves in an organized manor and be able to prioritize
- Applicants should be able to convey through academic performance and writing topics that they are a serious scholar
- Applicant should portray themselves as compelling with outstanding potential and future capabilities.
How to Apply for University Scholarship Opportunities?
- Research is key. There is no point in wasting your time on a scholarship application that are not suited to your personal educational goals or that you will not be able to qualify for. Take the time to research specific scholarships and weed out scholarship that are not going to help further your academic career. It is also important to begin research early to allow yourself enough time to find the scholarship that is right for you as well as have options in case something goes wrong.
- Eligibility requirements are not something to be ignored and should be taken seriously.
- Keep a calendar that contains all the important dates such as deadlines and interviews.
- Proofread your scholarship applications before submitting. The worse thing that can happen is finding out you made a mistake that caused your scholarship application to be rejected.
The List of University Scholarships
Below is a list of some of the university scholarships that are available to applicants.
Auburn University Scholarship Grants
Description: The Auburn University awards scholarships for the following:
- Transfer scholarships
- Freshman scholarships
- General university scholarships
- Department scholarships
- External private scholarships
- Merit based scholarships
These scholarship are awarded only a highly competitive basis and are awarded automatically once the applicant meets all the requirements.
Grantham University Scholarships
Description: Applicants considered for the Grantham offer are awarded two choices of scholarships:
- Grantham Military Veteran Scholarship
- Grantham Military Families Scholarship
These scholarships are intended to help veterans or family members of veteran complete their educational goals. Qualified applicants must have been a veteran of one of the branches of the United States Armed Forces.
Bishop’s Scholarship for Briar Cliff University
Description: This Cliff University scholarship
The Bishop’s Scholarship to Briar Cliff University
These Briar Cliff University Scholarships can be granted to Catholic students who have the ability to organize community activities, exemplify initiative, demonstrate leadership in their home parish, and strong academic performance. Demonstration of these qualities offers strong indication of the ability of an individual to become a future leader in the Catholic Church and the community.